Monday, September 3, 2007

feliz, mami?

The morning, I was trying to do a lot of house cleaning in a short time and Amado was being a difficult participant. There were a couple back-to-back incidents and I was frustrated. Not like lose your mind and yell kind of frustrated, but the kind of frustrated where you stop talking and just focus on what you are trying to get done. I say this because it was pretty subtle, my mood.


I was folding some clothes and he climbed up on the bed, put his little hand on my knee, and got his little face all close to mine. I was sitting kind of hunched over, so he bent his neck so he could look up at me, right in the eyes.

"Feliz, mami?" he asked, smiling at me.

I wasnt sure if he was genuinely asking, or if he knew it wasnt my most feliz moment so he was trying to make me feliz, or both. Probably both.

I smiled at this beatiful face, inches from my own, and told him, "si, mijo, estoy feliz".

"Si!" he yelled, jumping up with his arms in the air.

"Porque yo soy tu mijo!"

No comments: