Thursday, October 18, 2007

baby nuala tiene dos mamis!

Rory watched Amado last night while I was at a meeting and Jason was in class. When we were getting his shoes on, and I was talking him through what was going to happen, I took the opportunity to do some preschool-level political education.

We have talked about this before, but you can't repeat it enough.

So I said, "Amado, tu sabes, que? Baby Nuala tiene dos mamis. Una mami se llama Tyger y la otra mami se llama..." (I left the space for him to fill in the blank).

"Rory!" he yelled, throwing his hands in the air.

"Si! Ella tiene dos mamis!" I said.

"Si! Baby Nuala tiene dos mamis! Muy bien, baby Nuala!" he yelled.

I explained that it was great for her (to a toddler, mamis are awesome. two mamis? who can beat that?!) but that it is not actually something she did, that she has two mamis because they love each other, and they also love her.

"Que divertido!" he yelled.

No comments: