Tuesday, November 27, 2007

sonando

I napped with Amado yesterday because I was feeling like I was coming down with a cold. It was cold, so we cuddled up together in the big bed and fell asleep for almost 2.5 hours. It was heaven, his little warm head pressed against my neck.

I woke up before him but knew he would feel me if I got out of bed so I just laid there for awhile. When I finally did get up, I had walked from one side of the bed to the other and he jolted awake, just like I thought.

He had clearly been in deep sleep. But as soon as his little eyes popped open, he said,
"Quisas tambien el perro queria ir a la iglesia. Quein sabe. Quisas si, quisas no".

I laid down next to him, and said, "mande, mijo?"

It seemed like at that moment he realized that what he has said made no sense in this context, because he turned to me all sleepy eyed and said, "sonaste tambien, mami?"

No comments: